work we’ve done
- Inquiry #10-033AR to the Public Service Commission, September 2012
- Inquiry#10-021AR and 10-022AR to the Department of Justice, May 2012
- Inquiry #10-025AR and 10-026AR to the Department of Energy, Mines and Resources, May 2012
- Inquiry #10-019AR to the Yukon Energy Corporation, April 2012
- Inquiry #09-003AR to the Public Service Commission, March 2012
- Inquiry #08-008AR to the Public Service Commission, April 2010
- Inquiry #08-013AR to the Department of Finance, August 2009
Decisions: Section 43 - Authorization to Disregard Access Request
- Decision #12-031A to the Department of Justice, October 2012
- Investigation #ATP11-002AI to the Department of Health and Social Sevices, October 2011 - Overcollection of information - section 29(1)
The following are written submissions that the IPC has made to government on specific pieces of Legislation or Programs.
- Information and Privacy Commissioner's Comments on Bill No. 48, Act to Amend the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, November 06, 2012
- Commentary on Consultation Document: Development Legislation to Protect Personal Health Information — September 24, 2012
- International Open Government Partnership initiative - Joint Letter from IPCs on open government to the President of the Treasury Board - January 20, 2012
- Designation of Public Bodies under the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act — Written Submission — June 30, 2011
- Bill No. 81 Victims of Crime Act — Letter to Dennis Cooley — April 16, 2010
- Mandatory Testing and Disclosure Act — Written Submission — February 11, 2009
- Health Information Legislation — Annotated Bibliography — May 28, 2009
- Health Information Legislation — Letter to Glen Hart — April 30, 2009
- Child and Youth Advocate Act — Written Submission — December 23, 2008
- Proposed Amendments to the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act — Written Submission — December 15 2008
- Corrections Act — Written Submission — May 2, 2008
- Child and Family Services Act — Letter to Legislative Assembly — April 16, 2008
Programs and projects
- Secure Driver's Licence and General Identification Card System — October 4, 2010
- Teleradiology — Written Submission — June 30, 2010
- Community Library Membership — Letter to Jeff O’Farrell — December 1, 2009
- Child Privacy On-line — Discussion Paper — November 19, 2009
- City of Whitehorse Census — Letter to Robert Fendrick — April 14,2009
- Health Line — Letter to Stuart Whitley — April 14, 2009
- Health Line — Letter to Stuart Whitley — March 30, 2009
- BC/Yukon Public Health Information Project — Letter to Stuart Whitley — February 26, 2008
The Canadian Information and Privacy Commissioners have unanimously issued the following Resolutions/Position Papers to the federal government and each provincial/territorial government to raise awareness and speak with one voice to the public and governments about these very important issues:
"Open Government" — Resolution of Canada's Information and Privacy Commissioners.
National launch of children's online privacy discussion paper, “There Ought to be a Law: Protecting Children's Online Privacy in the 21st century”, by the Online Children’s Privacy Working Group.
“Protecting Privacy for Canadians in the 21st Century” — Resolution of Canada’s Information and Privacy Commissioners and Privacy Enforcement Officials on Bills C-46 and C-47.
“The Promise of Personal Health Records” — Resolution of Canada’s Information and Privacy Commissioners and Privacy Enforcement Officials.
Children’s Online Privacy — Resolution of Canada's Information and Privacy Commissioners expressing their commitment to work together to improve the state of online privacy for children and young people.
“Passenger Protect Program — Canada’s Aviation No-fly List” — Federal, provincial and territorial privacy guardians are united in calling on the federal government to suspend its new no-fly list program, Passenger Protect, until it can be overhauled to ensure strong privacy protections for Canadians.